We are seeking a person with experience within a food and hospitality enterprise to be the coordinator of a not-for-profit community coffee shop. Opening in November, the coffee shop will be a community hub to link the Lefevre Peninsula community.
The coffee shop will be open during school hours on Wednesdays and Fridays. It will also be available for special functions and community events.
The Coffee Shop Coordinator will be responsible for:
- management of the coffee shop including development of coffee shop menus and the coordination of purchase/receipt and storage of food and other goods;
- supervision and training of the volunteers who will serve customers, make coffees and prepare food. This will involve working closely with the coffee suppliers (Stir and Barossa Coffee Roasters) to coordinate the training and ensure quality standards are maintained; and
- coordination of catering for community events and programs held at Lefevre Connections.
The successful applicant must have:
- relevant experience within a food and hospitality business, including at least 1 year’s barista experience;
- knowledge of relevant industry and government regulations (food safety, Workplace Health and Safety);
- a proven ability to work with and provide leadership within a team of volunteers;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people across a range of ages; and
- a commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
Due to varying, part-time hours, this is a casual position.
If you are interested in this job, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Frances on 8248 0066 for further information.